Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stranger in the Laundry Room

A long time ago when I was still relatively new to blogging I wrote an entry about love and what is love.


What's interesting is I started it with the question of what if someone was to say "You are Loved" and simply walk away. The reason why I say that little bit is interesting is because I was doing my laundry last night and a random lady in the laundry room came up to me and started a very casual conversation with me. Most of the time it was me detailing the little bits of my life as a student and how school is getting tougher and how I am lucky enough to find to time to enjoy life, but as randomly as the conversation began she stands up and ask me this:

"Can I give you a hug?"

Honestly, I didn't know what to do because I hardly knew the woman yet she asked to give me hug so I obliged not knowing what is going to happen. While hugging me she told me "May God bless you," and that she is happy to hear things are not too hard on me.

The rest of the night was weird for me. It's funny because right before I fell asleep and I remembered that entry I wrote a while ago and I realized that the reaction I said I would have is exactly the same reaction I had right after meeting that lady. I don't know if I'll see that lady again, but what I do know is she is very nice lady and is capable of brightening up everyone's day.

Oh how I love random acts of love.



No comments: