Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Greetings from....

Greetings from the United Kingdom!

So last week was pretty epic because I could only sleep for three hour intervals at a time which made it really difficult to get a full night of sleep when I kept on waking up every three hours. However, that made the past week that much more fun as I was kind of delirious most of the time here. I met some pretty cool people and some new people but at the same time it feels too much like UCI in the United Kingdom as most people came in large groups of friends so most friend circles were already established and a little more close minded to meeting new people. I'm not saying that they are not entirely closed to the idea of new friends but they are definitely not excited to meet new people (maybe meeting locals gets them excited but people in the program...not too much).

I don't have much time to go into full details what I did last week as it would take a long time and I'll probably go off some random tangent about something random....

So quick summary of last week:
-Got settled in and was surprised to see how crappy the room was.....
-Killed this freakishly large spider and mosquito in my room...
-Meet a bunch of people
-Class/discussion/lab
-Walked around Brighton and got lost
-Went to a bunch of pubs and went clubbing. (Don't remember much from that night but I was told I was having a good time)
-Discovered a pub that I really like and plan on trying to become a regular there
-Went to go meet friends in London....and got lost again
-Watched an epic match between Roddick and Federer at Wimbledon (I wasn't actually in the stadium, but sitting with locals and the atmosphere made it amazing)
-Yesterday was the first morning were I felt exhausted

That's my experience so far. I'll try to load pictures soon when I have the time. Now I have to go back and study.

Cheers.

1 comment:

s d v said...

yay!!! i'm glad to hear you're having such a good time!!! wohoo for the UK's legal drinking age :D hahah

"Killed this freakishly large spider and mosquito in my room..." AHAHAHAH <3 you, spson!